Mar 17, 2006

Mocked by a Sock

Well, I still feel lousy today but that’s probably still my fault. As it approached bedtime last night I started getting that feeling. You know the one. You’re just thisclose to the end of a project (or a sock) and you just can’t put it down till it’s finished.

The good news is that the sock came out really well and I love it. Unfortunately the pictures I took sucked so I’ll wait until I finish the second sock and do a proper photo shoot. I just got sock blockers so I can do a proper blocking job too.

I did try them on briefly and they felt so good. I begged and pleaded with them to just hop into my sock drawer to but they held firm and reminded me that they are not mine. *sigh* Parting is such sweet sorrow.

On a positive note, I’m off to NYC tomorrow morning. Bruce is driving so I get to knit the whole way there and back. Woo hoo! Better yet, my dh suggested that if we get there early enough we might do some shopping. That means yarn – right? There is a really cool place in the village where I might get a hand made journal for knitting notes too. Hmmm…

1 comment:

Melissa said...

ooohhh....hand made knitting journal. That, yarn stores, NYC...I'm jealous