Jun 18, 2007

Wool Candy

The last of the Blue Faced Leicester that i'm going to spin for Hanami finally finished drying and I think it's going to be perfect. As a few of you guessed correctly, it is at the lighter end of the pectrum. It's pink!

Wool Candy

It looked so much like cotton candy when it was done that I just couldn't resist the impulse to display it as such. Doesn't it look yummy?

I'm not really a pink girl but it seemed to me that the fluttery end of the stole where all of the petals flutter in the breeze needed to be pink. I really hope that this stole works out. I can see it in my minds eye and it looks lovely with the color changing gradually from one end to the other. I just hope that the reality (and the spinning) lives up to what I imagine.

By the way, I am blogging at home today but not on my patio. As it turns out, I've scheduled quite a full day for myself so I'll be running all day long. It's still better than being at work though - right? I may have been a little giddy this past weekend. I felt like this huge weight was lifted from my shoulders and I was flying. I'm not sure how that state of euphoria will hold up after spending the afternoon with my lovely bickering daughters. We'll see.

Loopy treatsI'm sure that this will help keep me happy. It's the my latest order from the Loopy Ewe. That is my first Seawool and I can't wait to try it out. I also got one of Cookie A's patterns -Thelonious. I just love them! The best part is the special little treats from Sheri. I don't know how she does it. With all of the packages that she sends out she still finds time to write personal little notes. They are so sweet. And do you see the little skein of yarn that was part of Loopy's Sock Kit? How cute!

5 comments:

Cursing Mama said...

Happy Unemployed Monday!
even if the unemployment is temporary -

Carole Knits said...

Enjoy your down time!

Carol said...

Glad to hear you're feeling so good! I'm making that shawl too and I actually ordered the suggested yarn and beads! An almost 1st for me:) Enjoy yourself!

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Ah, love the wool candy! You have a fantastic model there :-)

Anonymous said...

That really does look good enough to eat!