Aug 15, 2012

Ten on Tuesday - Ten Favorite TV Shows from your Childhood.

We are just back from a quickie vacation.  Here's a little peek.

IMG_0434

saw something recently that nobody should ever be subjected to.  The Blue Screen of Death!  I'd been having trouble with my new laptop for quite a while, ever since it caught a particularly wicked virus.  I decided to think positive and give it one more try to get it going and instead I was forced to accept that it's time to move on.  So now I'm back to doing everything, including blogging, on my iPad.  Not even remotely ideal but I'll make it work until I figure out what the new machine will be.  All suggestions are welcome.

Meanwhile, back to business. There is nothing like a really good Ten on Tuesday topic to bring a girl back to the blog - even if you are a day late.  I think that I've always liked tv, I just haven't always had the same degree of access.  Anyway, this is kind of timely since I just saw a movie based on a show that fits the bill.  I'll start there.

  1. 21 Jump Street - Hello Johnny!
  2. The Cosby Show - seems kind of quaint now but then it was fab.
  3. Little House on the Prairie - speaking of quaint.
  4. CHiPs - so cornball but oh how we loved it back then. 
  5. Solid Gold - oh those dancers in their shiny outfits. Mostly my sister and I would sit and laugh at how silly it was.
  6. This Old House - the precursor to HGTV.  My dad loved it and I loved to watch it with him.
  7. The Smurfs - I remember waking up early on Saturday mornings and watching it with my sister.
  8. The ABC After School Special - ok, so technically it's not a show but OMG did we love these.
  9. The Love Boat - great to watch when I was babysitting.
  10. LA Law - I suppose this is stretching it but in my late teens this was my favorite show.  In fact, this is the only show I would really like to have on DVD.  If only it was available.

2 comments:

micah_gideon said...

Oh, the memories...

Carole Knits said...

Cosby Show was awesome and your memories of The Smurfs reminds me of how much I loved The Bugs Bunny Show. Welcome back to blogging!