Nov 22, 2006

Sunset Sox & a Charity Hat

Sunset Sox & 1st Hat for OthersI have no finished objects to share today. Here is what I’m working on now – a hat for charity and a gift sock. The hat is using up some leftover yarn from a scarf I made for my sister about a year ago. Not only is it charitable – its stash busting too. Hooray!

The sock is Elann Esprit and I have to say that I am really enjoying this yarn a lot. I know that cotton is not for everyone but this feels really good. The colors are making me surprisingly happy too. I’m not really a yellow and orange girl but every time I work on this sock I wish it was for me. I’ll just have to order some more.

Looking at these two projects, I’m noticing that they have something else in common – besides the fact that neither is for me. I’m working both of them with the magic loop. I’m not usually a magic loop kind of gal so I’m not sure what’s up with that. Weird.

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

I am loving the sock! I also like cotton, but don't often use it for socks. No idea why...

Have a great Thansgiving!

Anonymous said...

Your WIPs are so lovely - I especially love how the sock is coming along, the yarn really seems to be amazing to work with! I haven't tried Magic Loop before, but you certainly inspired me to try my hands at it too one of these days.
Happy Thanksgiving!