Feb 10, 2010

No More Horizontal Snow!

Oh the difference a day makes. This is what Stinkette's snow fort looks like today. Kind of buried.

DSC_1120

And the driveway that was finally cleared after last weekend's storm looks like this. If you want our snow I'd gladly send it your way. We've had our fill. Especially since this time it was accompanied by winds that threaten to blow everything over. There is nothing good about horizontal snow.

DSC_1121

Thankfully we are warm inside with power and food. Not to mention yarn. I'm making good progress on two projects.

DSC_1125At the left is Bitterroot which is moving along nicely. You can just see the remains of the third ball of yarn which is a perfect place to be yarnwise as I work through chart E. Let's see how far I'll get today as I try to balance it with work on the other item in this picture. Last time I featured it here there was just a hint of yellow. now there are 9+ inches of yellow stockinette. Boring but necessary. I think these 2 projects balance each other nicely - one requires focus and the other is totally mindless.

DSC_1126The last thing I can give some thought to today is my Ravelympics project. As you can see I threw another choice into the mix. Maybe today I can wind up some yarn cakes and swatch a bit. Opening ceremonies are coming soon!

Stay warm and safe!

3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

We've got your snow right now - no need to send it!

Laurie said...

I think the electric part is the thing to focus on. It works!

I just chose a Ravelympic project this morning. You still have a bit of time left. :)

Sarah said...

Yay, Team CrankyPants!