Sep 13, 2010

Themes and Examples

I'm back at work again after a holiday weekend that became longer and busier than expected. It's all good but I am exhausted after being out late last night seeing Jackson Browne in concert(one of the last minute things).

It was a holiday for me and we celebrated Rosh Hashanah in a big way by hosting a sit down dinner for 23 in Thursday night. I didn't exactly plan on such a big feast but once the ball started rolling it didn't stop. Thank goodness that the weather was gorgeous and we have a large deck.

The best was when we were in services on Thursday and DQ came to me with a big grin on her face. She was sitting with a friend who mentioned that she didn't have any special plans for the evening and my daughter, being every bit my kid, couldn't let that be. She asked if we could invite them and pointed out that she was just following my example of making sure everyone had a place to celebrate. How could I say no? Thankfully we had enough food and everyone had a good time.

IMG_3233[1]

The other big theme for the weekend would be softball/baseball. On Saturday DQ and I went to see the Nationals play. We were given the tickets at the last minute (thanks Deb & Steve) and it was a nice surprise. DQ hadn't been to a game yet this summer. It was a gorgeous day and we really enjoyed the game even if the home team lost. We were more upset that Teddy lost again. Poor Teddy.

Then on Sunday we watched the debut of Stinkette's new team in a double-header. We lost the first and won the second but it was a great day regardless. Stink is thrilled to be on a "select" team and her skills are improving every time she takes the field. I can't wait until her next game.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

Holidays are meant to be celebrated with lots of people! It's nice to always have room for one more.