Apr 24, 2006

Felicia's Bag

Felicia's Bag
I love this time of year because you come home at the end of the day and it’s still light out. Today, the light when I came home was better than when I left for work this morning. The pictures are way better and the colors more true. It may not show up well in the picture but the ribbon is yellow with dots that match the orange edging pretty closely.

Pattern: Rick-Rack Bag by Susan Lawrence
Yarn: Cascade 220
Dates: 4/15/06 – 4/23/06

Notes: This is a really well thought out pattern. I love the way the welt is knitted in around the bottom to add stability. The way the bag is finished off is cool too. Right before the i-cord edge is done, there is a round that, when I first saw it, seemed silly. There were alternating sections of knit and purl that seemed gratuitous since it was going to get lost in the felting. I know I should’ve read the instructions beginning to end before starting the project and if I had, I’d have known that the purls left bumps behind to start the straps. Perfect! I don’t think I’d change much the next time from a construction standpoit but I may add a little pattern – perhaps intarsia. Oh yes – there will be a next time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bag. The ribbon is awesome. It is so beautiful. Thank you.---Felicia

Cursing Mama said...

Love the bag! And, for a bag loving lady, it looks a lot like my next project. If I ever finish the darn Olympic Knitting. (hangs head in shame)

Anonymous said...

Cute bag Hill...it would go really well with my new socks...