Apr 10, 2008

My DC - Week 13

My DC has got Caps Fever! Last night, as I waited on line for a ride home, we saw these guys going nuts on Constitution Avenue. They were painted red, wearing Capitals jerseys, waving Capitals flags and beating a drum. There were about 6-8 of them including the mascot, Slapshot, and they were having a blast and why shouldn't they be? The Washington Capitals are in the playoffs!
IMG_2406
The sad thing is that some of the other folks in line with me didn't know what was up. I overheard them discussing the display and speculating on what they were demonstrating against. Tibet maybe? I suppose it was a fair guess - this is DC after all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! that's awesome! when we were going to the game last saturday, we were stopped at a light in DC and someone jumped out of their car and ran back to high 5 us! totally wild. [and I am incredibly anxious for the game tonight!]

I'm enjoying your DC pics!

Carole Knits said...

Hope they win for you!

Cursing Mama said...

Love it!

Carol said...

Who brings a mascot to a protest?! ~snort~ At least your town's got loyalty!

Lolly said...

i wish they had pulled out a win today! i am sad that they don't get more support - but i guess it is better than nothing :)