Apr 21, 2008

Socks, Books and Stuff

DSC_0411Yesterday was day 2 of the stormy weather and I had such a hard time staying awake all day but I still finished a few things. One was a book and the other was a sock. Here are 2 of the socks I've been working on. Can you guess which one is finished?

The book I finished is Dexter in the Dark by Jeff Lindsay. It's a thriller like the first two in this series but it's also a departure and I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the first two. This installment deals with the origins of Dexter's Dark Passenger - the thing inside him that guides him to kill. My problem is with the I like thrillers but I'm not really into demons and the occult. I wish that Dexter could just go back to ridding us of evil doers and pretending to be human.

I recently came across Ten on Tuesday while surfing and I like the idea so I signed up. Here is my first one:
10 Things I Love About My Life

  1. My daughters - they rock my world and I cannot imagine a life without them.
  2. My husband - he is my partners and supports me in all that I do.
  3. My family - my siblings, my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins - they're all so important.
  4. Friends near and far - this is one of those things that you appreciate so much more when you don't live near your family. Good friends are a comfort and they make where ever you are feel welcoming.
  5. Home - buying our house was a big deal. It's not big but it's ours and every wall we paint, every tree or shrub we plant makes it more of a reflection of us.
  6. The DC Area - there is so much to do and see here and we really do take advantage of it.
  7. Creating with my girls - not only do I knit, I dabble in all kinds of crafts and my daughters share my creative drive. We cook together, sculpt with clay, play with fiber etc. It's so much fun to teach them how to do things.
  8. My job - having a job that challenges me is great. Librarians supposedly have a high job satisfaction rate and I know that's true for me.
  9. Travelling - I don't necessarily need to go far, in fact, we take lot's of road trips in the car. I just love seeing places we haven't been to before.
  10. Entertaining - I love having big gatherings and I'm so happy that my friends like coming to them. The other night we finished dinner and sat around talking until someone finally noticed that it was 11:30. I love that people are so comfortable at my house.

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I like both socks but the one on the right is very nice. Your list is great. I think it's really important to think about the things (and people) we love now and again.

Stacey said...

Okay...so you've intrigued me with your Dexter book descriptions. I love watching the show, so I just might need to check out those books!