Jun 17, 2009

Mmmmmalabrigo Socks

I took the day off today to do stuff - some planned, some not. Coincidentally, I finished the Neon socks last night so you'd think - photo shoot. Right? No, not so much because after a few days of sun it's raining yet again. Bleh!

So, instead of the finished neon socks I'm debuting the start of what I'm thinking of as the neon antidote. I showed it to you a while ago as a lovely lolipop on my nosty. Now it's on it's way to becoming a sock.

Kiila Starts

The yarn is a gorgeous, rich, brown Malabrigo Sock in a color called cordovan. Dont'cha just want to eat it? It is so soft and light and lovely. It just feels less substantial to me but I think it's probably just me.

The pattern in Kiila. Have you seen this yet? It caught my eye because it was one of the most popular patterns on Ravelry so chances are that you have. Anyway, I think it looks very classy. I haven't been moving as fast on it as I thought I would but it's still lot's of fun and I know that I'll love these socks when they're done.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a yummy color!

JessaLu said...

ooo I bet those are sooo soft. :o)

Cursing Mama said...

Hope you have a great day off!

CrazyFiberLady said...

ooooo pretty! I love that color of MmmmmmMalabrigo sock. You gave me a good idea of what to do with that skein of red I've been futzing around with for ages now and just haven't managed to get a full sock out of yet.

Carole Knits said...

Those are gorgeous! Definitely the proper antidote to the neon yarn.

Sarah said...

So gorgeous! I think I might use that pattern on the next suitable psc yarn I draw.

Natalie Rush said...

So lovely!! I've been wanting to try some of the Malabrigo sock! Yummo!