Jun 24, 2009

Un-Stinky Socks

I started another pair of socks a week ago. As much as I love the Malabrigo Socks, the tiny, twisted stitches really aren't great commuter knitting so I grabbed a ball of Tofutsies that had been marinating in the stash for quite a while with the intent of trying Wendy's Toe-Up Socks With a Difference pattern. I was cruising along on these socks when Stinkette noticed the sock in progress and claimed it. I was shocked because she never does that. So far she really likes them and that makes me really happy.
Stinkette's Socks 2

The yarn is a little splitty but not bad to work with. I really love the colors and how soft they are. The yarn is wool, cotton , soysilk and chitin. That last bit is supposed to be anti-bacterial which makes these perfect for Stinkette who has the nastiest foot odor in the world. Really! She is the sweetest kid but after a day of running around her feet could clear a room.

Stinkette's Socks 1

So far this sock is working perfectly. I added a little patterning that I'll discuss in another post, I've turned the heel and I'm nearing the end of the leg. Stinkette has tried them on and the fit is perfect. Yay! Now she can't wait to get them on her feet.

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I have some of that yarn, too, but I haven't tried it out yet. Those are really pretty.

Sarah said...

It will be interesting to find out if this sock yarn is effective against stinky feet. Even if it makes no difference, they look cute and cheerful.