Nov 4, 2011

ECF - Art of the Occupiers Edition

Today would be an excellent time to post pictures from Wednesday night's National Honor Society inductions. I totally would have if I had any. Unfortunately the ceremony was beyond lame and I was one among many parents in the audience waiting for a photo op that never came. None of us really needed pictures of the principal or the board speeking. We wanted shots of our kids getting certificates! Epic fail for the school.

Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your point of view) the Occupiers are still there for our amusement and they've created a bit of art.
IMG_3456

Some is a bit more pointed than others.

IMG_3455

I should note that there are well over 3 dozen tents in the park now and I have very mixed feelings. On one hand I get their point and I find it quite interesting to watch the developments in the park. On the other hand, they are making a wicked mess of the park which is really sad because earlier this year the park got a very expensive overhaul that included new concrete and sod. Much of the grass is dead now. I miss the days of people picnicking and chilling out during their lunch hour in the park.

1 comment:

sprite said...

I have read reports that the organizers say they will pay for/repair the damages to the parkland incurred by their encampment.