Nov 3, 2011

Once More for the Twi-Hards

If you have a daughter of a certain age then I'm sure you know what the title of this post refers to. I bet there are even a few adults looking forward to Breaking Dawn part 1. I'm not among them but I get it. Really, I do. I may not think the films are moviemaking at it's finest but to each his (or her) own.
IMG_3450

The movie opening has inspired in DQ a renewed interest in my knitting. Specifically, she wants me to make a pair of Bella's Mitts for her. I had mentioned it ages ago and even bought the yarn but then it sat, and sat, and sat. Now my daughter is so hot to have a pair of these mitts to wear to the midnight showing that she enlisted a knitter friend of mine to split the task with me. That was the last straw! Out came the needles and I've been snagging knitting time whenever I can.

I will finish them (by myself) In time if it kills me. My knitter friend is a lovely person but there are some things you just need to do yourself.

2 comments:

Mini said...

lol.. *love* that she even found you "back up" if you needed it. That is def. a twi-hard-core. :)

Carole Knits said...

I made Hannah a pair of those way back. The bulky yarn is tough to manipulate with those cables. Good luck!