Jun 17, 2010

Knitty Malaise

Did you check out Interweave's hurt book sale yet. I don't mind telling you all to go on over and check it out now that I already placed my order. My rather large order. Now I have to figure out where the hell I'm going to put the new books. Oy!

DSC_0601

I'd love to be showing you a pair of finished socks today but I still don't have pictures yet - 2 weeks later. I'm hoping that this weekend the schedule and the weather will cooperate. Maybe I'll finish the current socks too and make it a double photo shoot. Wouldn't that be nice?

Debbie Bliss RialtoI wish I had other things to share but truthfully I'm feeling a little knitty malaise. I bought this very pretty and soft Debbie Bliss Rialto DK to knit a certain small sweater but now that I'm ready to cast on for that sweater, the pattern(#1) no longer appeal to me. So I found another pattern(#2) that I love but it takes more yarn... which I don't have.

So I got different yarn, Berroco Comfort DK, for the newly chosen pattern and it should've worked but I had a bad feeling about it. I did a gauge swatch for once and I'm Right! The gauge is off and knitting on larger needles wouldn't give a pleasing fabric. Humph!

So I went back to trolling Rav and found yet another pattern(#3) and while I don't love it like pattern #2, I think it's a winner. Even better it's been knit before in the new yarn. Now I'm waiting to get my hands on the book that the pattern is in and I'm thinking that there may be an even better pattern out there. Or maybe I can force pattern 2 to work with something I already have. Or I can get another yarn that will work with pattern 2. Or...

DSC_0600

Anyway, my knitting is stalled but my crocheting isn't. The pictures in this post are of the second potholder I made for the potholder swap and it's going to be on it's way to Canada today. A little late because I forgot to block it but I think it's worth the wait. The colors work well, especially on the swirl side which really pops. It's also not wonky at all although it looks that way in the picture. The pattern I used for that side is Stir Me Up and I love it. Really I do.

Now I'm ready to start the 3rd potholder for the swap and I feel inspired. I've got another pattern in mind to try and I think it's gonna rock! If only I could get as excited about a larger knitting project like the Que Sera that still needs a sleeve. Maybe I'll just cast on some new lace instead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There must be something in the air; I've been crocheting to beat the band but haven't even picked up my knitting needles in three weeks!
I LOVE your potholder!

Carole Knits said...

Those potholders are so pretty! I really need to learn to crochet in a circle.