Oct 20, 2006

Distraction

Thank you to all of you who not only put up with my little rant but agree as well. I feel much better now but I'm still going to Tivo through that ridiculous commercial.

I have no FO's or other exciting stuff to share today. The body of the birthday bag for my niece is done and I'll make the strap tonight. Happily it will be ready in time to send for her birthday. The Forest Canopy Shawl got frogged last weekend (and restarted) so we'll not talk of that. Linen Lily is still linen - 'nuff said. Blah, blah, blah.

There is a lot of other stuff going on but I think that it's bad enough that I should have to deal with the family drama. I don't need to subject you to it. It should suffice to say that I believe strongly that family ALWAYS comes first. ALWAYS!

So, lacking any content of real interest I present my answers to this meme that I've seen everywhere.

48 Things You Could Care Less About

1. FIRST NAME? Hillary
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yup! We Jews are all about naming after the dead relatives. Can’tremember who right now though.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Not sure.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Sometimes. If I’m feeling good then it’s not bad but, at other times it’s atrocious.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Ahem, it’s called deli and that’s one very tough decision – pastrami, salami, rare roast beef – I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I’d like to think so.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Just the blog.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yupper!
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not likely.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I love breakfast cereal. Grape Nuts, Fruit Loops, Life, granola…
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope, like most people who’ve done this meme I rarely wear shoes that tie. Most days I’m in Clarks – I have 4 or 5 pairs.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I know so. Many years ago I had to shelve books and I loved to see how many books I could carry at once. The answer is – a lot! The big, strong, male attorneys I worked for never offered to lighten the load either – even when I was 8 months pregnant. Not that I would have let them.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Breyers mint chocolate chip without a doubt. I need some right now!
14. SHOE SIZE? 8 and a half
15. RED OR PINK? Red
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My ass – it couldn’t get much bigger.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My grandparents who live much too far away in NY.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Why? No way!
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Navy blue, red, navy blue (Clarks of course)
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? A salad for lunch with dried cranberries and gorgonzola along with iced tea.21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Office noises

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Cobalt Blue
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Citrus
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Hmmmm… probably hubbo.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Um, I'd have to say that it varies.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? Of course – all of them.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? At a local coffee shop they know me as the iced tea lady. Any questions?
28. FAVORITE SPORT? None really.29. EYE COLOR? Warm, dark, chocolate brown
30. HAT SIZE? No clue
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope, despite all the childhood admonitions about reading in the dark I’m still 20/20. So there!
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Um, pizza, spinach, goat cheese, broccoli
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings but not sappy. I can’t stand sappy stuff.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Spring & fall
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs are nice but my girls battle over who gets to give me a foot massage. That’s the best baby!
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? See number 13.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Respond – why?
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Again – why?
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? The Optimists’s Daughter by Eudora Welty and Blood Orchid by Stuart Woods
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? No mouse pad here.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Shark and Grey’s Anatomy
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My girls laughing
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Neither really, but, the Stones if I have to choose.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Israel
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I’m pretty crafty and I have a good visual sense.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Queens, NY
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Nobody – I swiped it.

1 comment:

Krista said...

What a fun meme!