Oct 11, 2006

Funky Scarf ... and hat!

I know that I promised to share more of my fiber acquisitions this week – and I will. I need to take a quick break though. It’s funky scarf time.

Funky scarf and hat Here is DQ sporting the finished funky scarf and the item formerly known as mystery shot #1. It’s a cute little hat to match the scarf. I’m pretty sure I mentioned that there was a lot of yarn left over from the scarf. Well, I had to do something with it. Right?

I have to say that I love this hat. It could stand to be a little bigger but it definitely works as is. I did the cuff on the fly, starting with a cast on in 2 colors and a corrugated ribbing. I really like the way it came out. I have to say that the fabric created by this Andean Silk yarn is just wonderful. I hope that my swap pal likes it. I’ll be mailing it (along with a few goodies) tomorrow.

The other mystery item from yesterday’s post is, naturally, a sock. It’s a gift sock though so I can’t say too much more about it. I’m planning on doing a lot of gift knitting over the next few months and I agonized over how to handle it on the blog because there are quite a few friends and family who read the blog. I think that I’ll share the items anyway, as much as possible, and leave out any identifying details. I think they’ll still be kind of surprised.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I love it too. I think your pal will be thrilled. I'm also glad you mentioned how you did the band on the hat, I was wondering about how it was two toned. Great job!

Teri said...

The scarf and hat turned out awesome. I like the two colors blended together.

micah_gideon said...

She looks great in that hat! Those colors are really great!

Anonymous said...

Adorable DQ...and the hat and scarf look fabu!