Jul 6, 2009

Bonus Days

There are weekends that fly by so fast that you wake up on Monday wondering where it all went and then there are weekends like the one that just passed - where friday feels like Saturday and Saturday feels like Sunday and Sunday just seems like a bonus. I love weekends like that.

Delphinium 1

There were barbeques each day, good times with good friends, illegal fireworks and way too much food. The fact that I took no pictures at all should be taken as a sign that I was having way too much fun.

Thankfully I had these pictures taken a while back to pretty up the post. They are delphiniums from the deck and after this past weekend they are one of the few plants that have not found a permanent home in our yard. This weekend I planted a tree and a bunch of other stuff.

Delphinium 2

We also shipped out 2 boxes weighing 50 lbs each. They are currently on their way down south to be joined at camp one week from today by my girls. The girls and I will start our annual road trip early this Saturday and by the time I start the trip home on Monday afternoon I'll be alone in the car. They're counting the minutes till I leave them at camp and I'm counting the minutes till I pick them up again.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

I'm so glad you had a nice weekend. Love those delphiniums.