Jul 28, 2009

The Brand "W" Party

Well my crazy week continues. Be assured that most of it is good stuff it's just filling every last moment of every day and leaving little time to plan and pack for upcoming trips, do laundry or much of anything else. But it's the best possible busy.

'BrandCase in point - last night DH and I attended the customer appreciation party thrown by a company that I'll refer to as Brand "W". Other law librarians and researchers will know exactly who I mean. Please excuse the lousy picture but the wine in it was mine and not my first adult beverage of the night. The alcohol was indeed flowing.

It was a great party even though I didn't win a fabulous prize. There was good food and good company which included DH for a change. Usually I attend my asociation events and meetings solo but last night DH came with and got a to see what I've been talking about. He was very impressed with the 10-piece band and the food and, of course, the alcohol. as they say - a good time was had by all.

We came home to find a message from the child currently known aroud our house as "Miserable Teen". What else do you call a child who doesn't write at all? That's not to say that we haven't heard from her. I've gotten texts and calls in the wee hours of the morning made on her contraband cell phone. Yes, MT hid her cell phone from her counselors and has been texting her buddies at home after her cabin goes to sleep. Oh, how I'd love to see her busted.

Anyway, this message was sent legally (I think) and MT was shocked to find that DH & I weren't home. Apparently she thinks that we should be sitting home lamenting her absence. Hah! If only she knew!

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

I'd like to have heard that message from the dear one. Heh.
And can I just say, we public librarians never get invited to this sort of thing. Sigh.