Jul 15, 2009

More Knoxville

So, on our way to Market Square for dinner we found a bunch of cool things. First there was this landlocked rower that caught my eye. Truthfully, the first thing I noticed were the signs for the bank that this sits in front of but the sculpture was way more interesting.

DSC_0319

After the bank, we passed through Krutch Park which was lush and lovely and home to many sculptures and displays. This was one of my favorites. There is something whimsical about it. I could've happily spent longer in the park but the girls and I were getting hungry after all of our walking.

DSC_0326

After a delicious dinner at Tomato Head we headed out for more walking. This time the destination was the 1982 World's Fair site. Sitting in the shadow of UT it's a lovely and inviting space. When we got there I saw people wading in the little river.

DSC_0333

There was also a large fountain and yet another outdoor water play fountain. It seemed like everywhere we went we saw children in bathing suits shrieking with pleasure as they danced and darted in water features. Not my girls.

DSC_0331

We went up in the Sunsphere instead. Stinkette was apprehensive but finally agreed to go up and was happy that she had. On the obcervation deck we got a 360 view of Knoxville and perused a display of info about the 1982 World's Fair. Sadly I didn't take pictures because the glass up there is coated with 26 kt gold dust and I didn't think they'd come out well.

DSC_0329

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

I had no idea Knoxville had so much to offer!