Jun 20, 2011

Softball, softball, softball

As you may imagine, there is actually quite a lot going on around my house but sometimes it feels like softball, softball, softball. For my anniversary weekend Stinkette played in the All Star game for her league and, like any good mom, I watched every minute. I thought that would be it for the season.

Then we got the notice that she was selected to represent the league in the All Star tournament where the different house leagues played against each other. That was this past weekend - all weekend long! They played 2 games Saturday and 2 on Sunday. They weren't the Tournament Champs but they did come out on top of the loser bracket and that was no small feat. Stink made some really good plays. She's improving all the time.

And just because we hadn't gotten enough softball yet, she's now been chosen to play on a select team for the summer so my future still reads "softball, softball, softball". It's a good thing that I like to watch her play and even better that I like the other parents in the stands with me.

So what else are we up to? Well, I've been taking DQ out for semi-regular driving practice and so far, so good. We went to the county fair a week ago and saw Third Eye Blind play. I got the final stamp of approval on a family matter that has been stressing me for ages. We've been straightening up and streamlining all the stuff and generally getting our house - literally and figuratively - in order.

DSC_1068

Last week we also marked a bit of a milestone as Stinkette graduated from elementary school. We were all thrilled when her name was called for making the Honor Roll. I think that she was as surprised as we were - in the best possible way. Above is a picture of my girl that duplicates one I took of her on her first day of school all those years ago. How time flies!

As if that wasn't enough, we're preparing for the arrival of Peanut. Talk about time flying! In just over a week we'll be a family of 5. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

You may never be able to wrap your head around that one! I can't believe it's so soon! Congrats to Daria on making the honor roll.