My most memorable Valentines Day ever was in elementary school. I opened my lunchbox at snack time and instead of my lunch, I found it filled with heart shaped sugar cookies to share with my class. I will never forget that. It was epic!
It would be hard to top a lunchbox full of cookies but I can try with this list of fun things to do on Valentines Day.
- Fondue - this is truly the first thing that popped into my head. Mostly because I just love fondue but it is kind of perfect - shared chocolate. How romantic and fun!
- See a good movie - it is Oscar season after all
- Take a walk with someone you love - ideally on a beach at sunset but there are lots of great spots. Find one and get out there.
- Get sweet gifts for those that you love - chocolate is a good start. Jewelry works too.
- Send valentines - it sounds so juvenile... unless they're handmade. Then they become something else entirely.
- Take a luxurious bath - candles and wine and bubbles...oh yes!
- Leave secret surprises for someone special. Make their day.
- Watch your favorite old movie - Yes, there are some fabulous movies out right now (see #2) but some of the most romantic or fun love stories are in black and white. And it's more private too.
- Make a special dinner - if you're not having fondue that is.
- If all else fails - knit. It would certainly make me happy.