Jan 22, 2006

If at first you don't succeed...

I came home Friday night and went to work on my socks angain only to discover that I still hate double-pointed needles. I really, really HATE them. It's bad enough when you have to use them to finish the decreases on a hat. I can tolerate that - kind of. Doing a whole project with them is more than I can handle.

I was not ready to give up my dreams of Jaywalking though, so I tried the 2 circular thing again and guess what - it worked! Look at the progress that I'm making. I may finish these in time to be a real participant in Cara's knit-along after all. Go me!
jaywalker pt. 2
Anyway, It was a good weekend over all. I delivered my Red Scarf to Einstein Bagels today (and enjoyed a cranberry bagel while I was there - yum!). I also double-checked my materials and I have the needles, yarn, etc that I'll need for my Olympic project.

In non-knitting news, I tried Korean food on Saturday night. It was seriously spicy and there was a whole lot of pork involved (I don't do pork at all) but it was actually pretty good. Maybe my impression was influenced a little bit by the Margarita I consumed before dinner. Maybe anything tastes good with the right company. Maybe a flaming pit in the middle of the table is enough to make you forget the low points. I even tried sushi for the first time. I suppose I was just in an uncharacteristicly adventurous mood. Stranger things have happened.

No comments: