Jan 15, 2006

Howling winds and driving rain

I planned to write yesterday but I procrastinated and then the weather took over. During the day I usually have a ton of stuff to do and it's generally even worse on the weekends. That's when I get to do all the household stuff. So yesterday I took Stinkerbelle to swimming lessons and then forced her to come with me to my favorite LYS to get help fixing the hot pink ruin that was Simply Marilyn. I tried to do it on my own but, truthfully, I was overwhelmed by annoyance and totally lost. Anyway, cooler heads prevailed and the hole is fixed. It's not beautiful (not even remotely attractive) but it's wearable.

When I got home from the LYS my DH congratulated me on not buying any new yarn. Not so fast big guy! HELLO! Of course I got more yarn. I got 2 more balls of Noro Kureyon so that I can make myself a bag out of it. I think that I'll make a Sophie bag but I'll need to come up with a creative handle solution. I'm not 100% crazy about any of the handles I've done so far.

I also bought some Addi Turbo's so that I can knit my Jaywalkers without using DPN's. I got an e-mail on Friday telling me that my Socks That Rock are on their way. Woo hoo! I can't wait.

Anyway, back to the weather. It was awful here in Northern Virginia last night. I could hear the rain pounding on my house all night and there were tree branches (but no trees thankfully) slamming into the house at random intervals. The lights flickered a bunch of times too so we shut down the computer. No blogging for me. What to do, what to do.... hmmmm... I know, sit in front of the TV and knit. The scarf that I'm making for the Red Scarf Project is now 17 inches long which means that I have about 43 inches to go. Will I have enough yarn? I'm really not so sure but I'll keep knitting until I run out.

I should also mention the lovely thimble-sized slie of cake I ate for dessert. Stinkerbelle made it for us in her new Easy Bake Real Meal oven. What's so "real" about a cake the size of a quarter? On the other hand, a slice of cake that small can't possibly have any calories - could it?

No comments: