Jan 27, 2006

A little less anonymous

This week Norma and Cara left comments for me and it made my day. I really enjoy reading their blogs ( and others as well) and it's nice to have a little feedback every now and again. My dad says that the stuff on these knitting blogs is foreign to him - like another languge. Maybe it is but I speak it and not too many of my friends do. Actually they mostly think I'm a little obsessed and they don't get it but YOU DO! It's a knitty thing and it's sooooo great to find folks who share it with me.

I feel like I may be losing momentum on my Jaywalkers. I was in the kitchen at work today eating my lunch while I knit and someone asked me if I was still working on the same sock. Well, ummm... yes. I felt like such a slug! Maybe I need to play with something else a little bit. I have a few felt bag ideas kicking around in my head. As I've said before, I loved the i-cord cast on and cast off from the scarf and I'd love to see how it would work in a felted bag. I've done quite a few bags in the past. Here is my first on before felting...
After felting...

That one came out well and it was a gift for my friend Felicia about a year ago. She recently used it during our trip to New York and said it was the perfect size. I was really happy with it and went on a felting kick. I made a whole bunch and gave them all away. The joy is in the creation. Then I made this one...
We call it the Raspberry because of the bumpy bottom seen here...
... and because of the overall lack of success that it represents. I've kept it around though. Mostly because I just don't know what to do with it. Maybe if I play around with it then I can make it work. Maybe I'll just keep it around for an occasional giggle.

No comments: