Sep 24, 2012

National Book Festival 2012

This weekend one of my favorite annual events was held in DC - The National Book Festival.  It was a gorgeous, sunny, day which meant that there was nothing at all to keep the crowds away.  It was packed.  It seemed like every tent was standing room only.  I think that this is one of the few times that crowds feel so good.  All these people were here for books.  BOOKS!!!

IMG_0531[1]

It was a little different because I had Miss M with me and she really doesn't have a favorite author yet. Well, she does love her Happy Hippo, Angry Duck a lot but Sandra Boynton wasn't there and it wouldn't matter anyway. Miss M doesn't really get books yet and she isn't much in sitting still either. But I do and I really wanted to see Michael Connolly again. Mission accomplished.

  IMG_0536[1]

He was great.He spoke a little and answered a whole bunch of questions. As usual, I thought of what I wanted to ask after he took the last question.  Oh well.

At the end of the day we were exhausted. Seriously! I was out cold by 9 which could be a good thing since the house was filled with about 18 teen girls doing youth group stuff. Thankfully, they were downstairs and I was not. Oh how I love being able to say that... downstairs.

  IMG_0544[1]

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

One of these years I'm going to get there for the National Book Festival!