Nov 20, 2012

Ten on Tuesday - 10 Things I am Thankful For

This year, more than ever before, I am thankful.  Why?  Here's a list.

IMG_0589[1]

  1. DQ - I love the person that she has become.  More importantly, I'm thankful that we have the kind of open relationship where we talk to each other about most things.
  2. Stinkette - My crazy red-head is still crazy.  She works so hard for the things she wants and I'm so thankful for all the color she brings to our lives.  She makes everything more interesting.
  3. Sweet Miss M - I am beyond thankful for this sweet girl.  She has brought such joy to all of our lives.  Having another baby after so many years may have seemed like an insane decision but it was absolutely the best thing.
  4. My husband - I am thankful that I have a great partner for all of life's adventures.
  5. My family -  I really love my siblings and all of my extended family.  I am so thankful that my thanksgiving holiday will include a visit with my grandfather. 
  6. My friends - I am thankful for fabulous friends who we can laugh with and count on to be there when we need them. 
  7. My home - Now, more than ever, I am thankful for my home.  It is so much more than a house to us.  In the 13 years that we've lived at the same address we have built such memories here but now the physical structure is worthy of those memories.  A sanctuary that makes us yearn for home every time we leave.
  8. My knitting - it keeps me sane and makes me feel accomplished.
  9. Living in Northern Virginia - I am thankful for the life we lead and all the opportunities that we have been able to offer my daughters.
  10. Gainful employment - Need I say more

3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

You've really hit on all the major things with this list. I'm so happy for you that your home is a place you truly love now!

Lapdog Creations said...

Great list - happy ToT!

Manise said...

Great list and beautiful photo!