Nov 19, 2012

The Tile that Ate My Weekend

It seems that the process of finishing off the house goes on and on.  While it's certainly lovely and livable there are all these little details and I really want them to be just right so I'm going very slowly.

IMG_0703[1]

This weekend (and the one before) was consumed by tile.  This is some of the tile that I used for the backsplash in the kitchen.  I knew that it was the one as soon as I saw it and now that it's up on the wall I am so happy.  Part of the happy is that I'm the one who put it up.  I took 3 colors and mixed them up a bit.  It satisfies my need to literally have a hand in the renovation. 

One note about this picture.  The bright blue bits were unexpected when I took the picture.  They are the reflection of blue glass bottles that line the window ledge above my kitchen sink.  They add a pop of color to my kitchen just as they do in this picture.  Very cool!

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

Those are really awesome and good for you for installing them. I wouldn't have a clue how to do something like that.