Aug 25, 2008

Hooray for Finishing

On Friday afternoon I finished knitting the shrug. Now it just needs a little finishing work.

With that out of the way this weekend was clear for the shawl. It was my constant companion everywhere I went. I think that by the time I bound off the last stitch my whole family heaved a sigh of relief because it was making me crazy.

DSC_0588

It is blocking now and I couldn't be happier. It's pretty big - 26" by about 66" so I had to use 2 of the gym mats to block it. They work really well. The pins stay put and the mats are firm enough to move around without disturbing the lace. I suspect that by tonight I'll be able to take the pins out but you'll have to wait a bit for the modeled shots because I've got something specific in mind.

For now the picture above will have to suffice. Once the shawl was all blocked out I noted 3 errors which I believe are probably misplaced yarnovers. They're small errors and most people will probably never notice them. Two are visible above. They don't bother me at all. I am beyond thrilled with the results and I can't wait to show it off. Just thinking about it makes me fell happy all over again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Congrats on getting it done!

margene said...

Woohoo! It's a lovely accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lace!

Laura said...

Your shawl is really beautiful!