Aug 4, 2008

NYC

Thanks for all of your good wishes. We really appreciate it more than you know.

The trip to NY was not a vacation and it was not a trip we made happily but, even in the darkest times there are things to cheer us up and make us smile. Here are a few from last week.

As I mentioned yesterday, my father-in-law was a printer who had a lot of contacts in the hospitality industry. It was those contacts that allowed us to stay at a super cool boutique hotel on Park Avenue at a very low rate. This was the view from our window. That's Grand Central Station.

DSC_0422

One morning we walked out of the hotel and found a series of hospitality trucks all set up right in front of us. At the corner we saw signs directing people to the sets and props etc. They were filming Damages right around the corner. Sadly we didn't see Glenn Close or Ted Danson. Wouldn't that have been something?

IMG_2465

On Sunday morning, before we went to resume our vigil at the hospital, we had breakfast with my brother and his wife. More importantly - I met my new niece Manhattan Sarah. Baby time is always a great pick-me up.

DSC_0402

We also ate many great meals in NYC. It's kind of hard not to when there are so many fabulous restaurants around. One meal really stood out - we had dinner at Tao one night with my husband's cousins and other relatives. It was one of the coolest places I've ever eaten and the food was amazing. The company was a standout too.

IMG_2466

Tomorrow I hope to have some fiber related stuff to share.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

It's so important to find happiness and comfort where you can during these times. I'm glad you got to do some enjoyable things.