Sep 19, 2011

Ten on Tuesday - 10 Headlines From the Year You Were Born

Today it's all about the year we were born. I was born in 1969, a reasonably exciting year. Sadly, I don't have the actual headlines. Here we go...

1. The Eagle Has Landed - Neil Armstrong is the first man on the moon.
2. The NY Jets win Superbowl III
3. Woodstock is held in upstate NY
4. The Miracle Mets win the World Series
5. Sesame Street debuts
6. Hurricane Camille, the most powerful one in history, hit the Mississippi coast
7. The Godfather by Mario Puzo is published
8. The Beatles Give their last live performance.
9. The first Concorde test flight
10. The first message is sent over ARPANET, the forerunner of the Internet.

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

A man on the moon, Woodstock and YOU! It was also the year Dale graduated from high school. All great things to me!

Cursing Mama said...

I'm still working on my list(s) - I like to over achieve whenever possible. Sadly mine is just news - not headlines either.