Aug 22, 2007

Thoughts of Blue

No finished objects today. When you finish a few, it's time to start some new. Right? Aren't there rules against idle needles?

Feeling Blue?
As you can see, I've got quite a way to go with both of these projects so it's a little early to talk about much beyond the yarn itself but don't worrk because I'm in love. After dealing with all manner of splitty yarn lately I am being rewarded with pure joy in fiber form.
The project on the right in this picture is a Clapotis that I am making in Brooks Farms. How do you like that color? I promise you that it's even more beautiful in real life. I could not love this yarn any more than I do today. It is so soft and has a sheen that is simply amazing. I just want to pet it all day long. I LOVE THIS YARN!
The socks I started are Yarnsmith's Sockezze. The color in this picture is't quite right. In reality the dark blue is actually deep purple. I don't usually do 2 socks at once but.... I only have one ball of this yarn and I want to make the most of it. The thing is that when I first saw this yarn and snapped it up I saw it becoming a Dream Swatch. Then, I pulled it out and hubbo pointed out that it's totally Stinkerbelle's colors. What can I say, he was right!
Not only is the Sockezze gorgeous to look at with it's saturated colors - it knits up really well too. It's not splitty at all and the fabric it creates is nice and even and soft and perfect. It is wonderful to work with.
With all this in mind I held the socks-in-progress up for Stinky to see expecting 100% approval. What did she say? Nice socks mom but when will you finish my blankie? OK, 'nuff said. Guess what's in my lap now?

BTW. I heard from my Sock pal earlier today and she likes the socks. Hooray!

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Love those blues!

Carol said...

Ahhhh, my favorite!!! They sure remember when we tell them they're getting something good, don't they?