Aug 21, 2007

Yet Another Finished Object

Well, here it is, the third in a string of finished objects. I had been waiting to post it after my sock pal received them but I'm just not sure when that may be. I'm a little concerned that they're taking so long to get there but, then again, they did have quite a way to go.

The pattern I used was the Traveling Eyelet Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. It was simple and although it doesn't look like much here, on the foot it looks pretty nice.

Sockapalooza Socks

These socks feel pretty nice too. The yarn I used was Wildfoote. I've had ambiguous feelings about this yarn from the start and I still do. Let's start with the color. The label called it Brown Sugar. I guess that works but I'd probably have called it something like "Campfire". The yellow, red, orange and blue are like flames against a brownish, woody, background. Do you see it?

Whatever you call it, I do kind of like the color. It's warm and interesting. What I didn't care for was how splitty it was. These socks feel nice and the nylon content will hopefully insure that they'll wear well. I just wish they had been more fun to knit.

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I've used Wildfoot and found it okay but not as wonderful as some other sock yarns. I'm sure your pal will be thrilled with these socks - they are beautiful.

Cursing Mama said...

love the color!