Sep 19, 2007

Scenes from a Ballgame

IMG_1784Having friends who are willing to share their season tickets to the Nationals is great but it's even better when the friends have pretty good seats. It's amazing how different things look when you're closer to the field. This was the view as we settled in earlier this evening.
The weather was perfect - not to hot and not to cool and, most importantly in DC - not too humid. Hubbo, the girls and I got there nice and early. We looked around RFK Stadium which will host only 4 more major league baseball games and we giggled at the rookie players walking on the field carrying pink backpacks and luchboxes. Aaahhh... hazing lives!
IMG_1796Having good seats means that you get to take some nifty pictures like this. That's Ryan Zimmerman trying to get something going for the home team. Alas, nothing doing tonight. I think it's a curse. The past 2 nights, the Nats have played against the Mets and won. Tonight we were there and the Nats lost. Hubbo was disappointed but my grandfather will be happy. He's a Mets fan. Hubbo called him from the game to tell him how much fun we were having and interrupted his poker game. Oooops!
IMG_1800Recognize these guys? At every home game Teddy, Abe, George and Thomas (as in Roosevelt, Lincoln, Washington & Jefferson) race through the city (on video) and then appear in person to continue the race across the field. From what I've heard, Teddy never wins. Could it be fixed?
IMG_1794The game was good even though the Nats lost. I was even able to get a little work done on my socks. You can be sure I'll have them with me tomorrow when I go see the Harlot. My friend Felicia and I are going. We'll be chaperoned by my darling DQ and Felicia's sweet little baby. I hope I see you there!

1 comment:

Cursing Mama said...

Wish I was visiting the Harlot with you. Have fun!