Nov 13, 2007

The Rewards of Frogging

Today was not a great day. I heard via the comments yesterday (I'd love to talk to you if I had your email Sprite) that one of my LYS's is closing. It's not just any shop, it's a wonderful place where I learned to spin and Stinkerbelle learned to weave. Springwater Fiber Workshop was all about spreading the fiber love. I called this afternoon hoping that the rumor was wrong and I got even worse news. They're closing almost immediately. I'll still be able to take my drafting and plying class the week after Thanksgiving but that's it. To add insult to injury, I'll probably miss the best deals as they liquidate everything because I'll be in NY. Ugh!

The next bad thing that happened today was that someone swiped my lunch. That just sucks! Is there anything worse than going to the fridge to pull out the meal that you've been thinking about for the past hour and finding it missing? Who does such a thing. Seriously. It's happened before in other offices but not here.

At the old firm we used to speculate about who it could be. The thief there would take anything. They took frozen dinners. They took leftovers. They even took our home cooked meals. The consensus was that it was one of the work-a-holic attorneys, likely a bachelor.

Sock RestartedThere is good news though. I've been well rewarded for frogging my sock. I'm 2 repeats into the restarted sock and it's looking so much better.

This time I started the sock slightly differently. After the cast on I did three rows of garter stitch starting with a purl row. I'm not sure how well it shows up in the pictures but there is no rolling of the edge. I am so happy.

4 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

I am very sorry to hear about your LYS loss. I know that is tough. You sock is looking wonderful though!

Carole Knits said...

Sorry about the loss of your LYS and your lunch! I hope you got some yummy take out to replace it.

Cursing Mama said...

Sorry about your LYS and your lunch. Can not begin to imagine losing either - much less both on the same day!

Anonymous said...

They stole your lunch?! That's just so wrong!

How sad that your LYS is closing.