Apr 29, 2009

Evidence of Knitting

IMG_2693[1]Please excuse the crap pictures today. It occurred to me this morning that I had yet to post any real fiber content this week. Which is weird because there's quite a lot going on. It's just not the stuff on which to build a scintillating post.

For example, here are the socks I'm working on right now. One is done except for the afterthought heel and the overstictch embellishment while the second is nearing the heel placement point. I really can't wait to get to the fun part on this sock and surprise DQ with the finished product. It'd be so cool if she could wear them to MD S&W but very unlikely. Not impossible though.

IMG_2694[1]I recently hit a milestone on That Damn Vest too. The marker in this picture hold the center stitch on the front of the vest and I am currently doing the decreases for the armholes and the deep "V" neck. I've only got 11 inches left to knit on the front and the number of stitches will decrease on almost every row. Finally, after years of aggravation, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on this one.

Last night I commented to hubbo about how great it would be to model a heavy wool vest in July. He just smiled and said that he's looking forward to it. Now that was a really good answer.

By the way, the Capitals won last night which makes our whole house happy. DQ is Rocking the Red today. It was a very excitng series and the Caps came back from a 3 games to 1 deficit to take the series. Amazing!

Oh yeah, Stinkerbelle's team won again last night too. It was something like 10-2. Stinkette is the happiest kid today. I'm kind of proud too.

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Just think how great it will feel when that vest is done!

Cursing Mama said...

Some summers it wouldn't be out of the question to NEED a wool vest in July.