Apr 21, 2009

Stinkerbelle gets really embarrassed when I start snapping pictures of her during her games. I still do it of course. I also scream really loudly when she gets a hit or steals a base or... does just about anything. She just glares at me.

DSC_0359

So it's really important that I remember to bring my knitting with me in order to keep myself in check just a little bit. It's not unlike the bags I used to pack for long car trips when the girls were younger. The project of choice this week was a new pair of socks that I'm working on. I can't say much in case the intended (nosy) recipient sees this but there are more details here.

Aside frm wanting to make this pattern for a certain someone, this pattern also appeals because it's got lot's of commuter-friendly stockinette. I can easily add about 2 inches or more on my ride into work and at this point I'm about 4 inches from binding off the sock. After that I need to add the red afterthought heels and the special details. I'm thinking that I'll knit both socks through before adding the heels. It ought to make it really easy to measure the second against the first.

3 comments:

Cursing Mama said...

I never could get the hang of knitting during one of the kid's games... things are a lot different now though. I could, in theory, knit like crazy during practice - but the hands & wrists don't really allow it.

I do read like crazy though :D

JessaLu said...

What are we here for if not to embarrass our children? ;o)

Carole Knits said...

I love the red and black together. And JessaLu is absolutely right!