Feb 24, 2010

Manly Socks

I finished my second pair of socks for 2010 a little over 2 weeks ago. These are for my husband Bruce, made from yarn he chose about three years ago. It's Trekking Pro-Natura and my man loves the fact that it has bamboo in it. I'm not sure why but he thinks that's cool. Whatever floats his boat.
DSC_1176

There really isn't too much to say about these. They're dead-simple toe-up socks with a 3 x 1 rib around the leg. I think that's kind of manly.

The most interesting thing about these socks is the heel. I used the same recipe for a flap heel that I used on the purple On-Hold socks. I really like this heel and I wish I could commit it to memory so that I could incorporate it into more of my simple commuter socks. Not only does it come out really well, Bruce says these are the best fitting socks I've made for him so far. He can't wait to wear them.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

They look good. It's nice to see Bruce in his comfy chair. :-)