Feb 9, 2010

Ten on Tuesday - 10 Favorite Yarns

Look what Stinkette made.

Stinkerbelle's Fort

She is so proud of her snow fort. I bet she'll spend the whole day there since the schools are still closed and will be again tomorrow. You know it's bad when the kids get tired of snow days.

Today's Ten on Tuesday topic is more pleasant than the snow. Let's talk about our Ten Favorite Yarns. There are lot's of yarns I love to pet and many in my stash that I adore but haven't used yet. I'm limiting this list to yarns I've used and would love to use again.

  1. Malabrigo - This stuff is so soft I just want to roll in it.
  2. Elann Peruvian Highland Wool/KP Wool of the Andes - These are my favorites for felting. The colors are great and they felt like crazy.
  3. Tess Designer - I just love her colors and the socks I've made from her yarn are some of my favorites.
  4. Noro - The color changes make knitting with this stuff and endless adventure.
  5. Knitterly Things Vesper Sock - I loved knitting with this and I love wearing it even more. best of all - hubbo finds these self striping yarns fascinating.
  6. Shelridge Farms - I've used the sock yarn and the worsted so far and they're both equally lovely.
  7. Oasis Sock Aussi Sock - I used this to make Eclipse socks for DQ nearly a year ago and although my daughter wears then a lot these socks are holding up way better than I expected. They still look like new!
  8. Katia Mississippi 3 - If you're making something for a kid this is the stuff to use. The colors are really nice and it wears amazingly well. I made Stinkette a little belly shirt when she was small and she loved it so much she'd wear it as soon as it came up from the laundry. I still have it and it still looks great and feels soft even though is went through the wash and dryer countless times.
  9. Dream in Color - I love the subtlety of the colors and it feels sooooo good.
  10. Claudia's Hand Paints - My grandfather still tells me on a regular basis about how much he loves these socks.

I could go on and on but these are a few that stand out in my memory.

4 comments:

margene said...

I've never knit with Tess and while I am on a yarn diet (of sorts) I might need to try it!

Sarah said...

Yes, these are much happier thoughts. Speaking of happier thoughts, I was so thrilled to see that you all made it out of town for the special occasion!

Carole Knits said...

There are some new yarns for me on this list. Thanks for the ideas.

Laurie said...

I found it really hard to just stick to a few. So many have lots to say for themselves.