Apr 11, 2011

A Season of Change

Can you smell the mulch? Yes, change is in the air everywhere. I believe that this is Peonie foliage. It looks so much nicer now that the wilted and dead remnants of last year's display have been removed. DSC_0883 Although the weather continues to behave in a bizarre fashion (Saturday we were bundling up and today it's like summer) it seems clear that Spring is finally on it's way. And that's not the only change. This past weekend Stinkette went to an amusement park and went on roller coasters for the first time. This from my child who, until now, even refused to go on the ferris wheel. My girl is growing up all at once! She's evolving so fast that if you blink you'll miss it. Another sign of change with her is that she's taken up a new sport. Below you can see my red-haired girl at field hockey practice working on turning the ball. She loves it and she seems good at it so far. Apparently this is a sport where aggressive tendencies are a good thing! DSC_0893 Of course I'm changing a bit too. It seems like my belly grows daily and my girls are fascinated by it. It's so different this time. With the first two I was just round in general but this time it's like I ate a basketball. So weird! Tiring too. We went to the craft fair and did a little shoppping this weekend and I felt the strain. Good thing that they had seating scattered about because I needed it. In between the rest stops I got a ton of stuff done which makes me feeel so accomplished.

2 comments:

Manise said...

Definitely not peony foliage. It looks more like a white Easter Lily.

Great changes going on Chez Hillary. :-)

Carole Knits said...

I think it looks like a pineapple! I think Daria will be great at field hockey - a match made in heaven!