Nov 6, 2006

Stitches East Haul 2006

This weekend was super busy. My brother was visiting us. It was kind of an unusual visit because he has been living in South Korea for the past 2 years and got married while he was there. This weekend we finally got to meet his wife. Is it wrong to say that I may like her better than I like him? Hmmm.

Pink Cashmere Anyway, the visit was great but that wasn’t all that was going on this weekend. Stitches East was too close to ignore so why fight it? My friend Felicia (co-host of Sock Madness) and I went to Baltimore on Saturday and brought home great stuff. I’m telling you - there was treasure there! What else would you call this pink cashmere? It’s destined to be gifted as socks. I have a pattern picked out and ready to go.
Fleece Artist


Speaking of socks, check out this Fleece Artist. I just love these swampy greens. I've wanted to try some Fleece Artist but I've never seen it in any of the stores that I've visited before. I guess that’s another yarn that I can cross off my list of things to obtain.

Tess Designer What do you think of this brightly colored skein? It’s Tess Designer and I fell head over heels for it. I really wanted to dive into the piles of yarn there and cover myself in them or, at the very least, bring home enough for a tank or a sweater. I just couldn’t do it this time but you can bet that this is on my list. Next time I’ll be prepared.

Brooks FarmI did get a little something special for me though. I saw Brooks Farm at MDS&W and I resisted but not this time. This big ball of Harmony is destined to become a shawl. I’m excited by the color which is soft and silvery and the softness has me petting it nonstop. These are all good things but the best is that I am absolutely positive that I will have enough of this gorgeous stuff to complete the project. That’s just priceless!

This isn't even all of the haul. I have a few more things but some of it's on the needles already. Can you believe that? I just couldn't wait. They're quick little gift projects and I'll just show them to you when they're done.

4 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I got some Brooks Farm at Rhinebeck. It's pricey but it's very nice. Good haul.

Cursing Mama said...

Yarn!
& you're always allowed to like the new sister better than the brother - brothers are always dirty & in the way ;)

Krista said...

Loved the yarn! Especially the pink skeins. So sorry I missed it!

Melissa said...

Love it all, especially the really bright stuff! :)