The parade of finished objects completed while I vegetated on the couch continues with this pair of socks. They're just simple toe-up socks with a little slipped stitch pattern in the leg. The cool thing is that the yarn you see at the top of the picture is leftover from the socks. I used Elann Esprit again but these only took one and half balls. Woot! Since the Drama Queen(who will receive these as a gift) and I wear the same shoe size that means that I can make a matching pair for myself at a later date.
The most notable thing about these socks is that the two socks, from the same ball of variegated yarn, striped very differently. I don't think that DQ will care much - she'll just think they're cool. I find it curious though.
My brother has been known to refer to me as a weird-o and my girls too (they don't really count though). I saw this meme making the rounds and figured it was time to see exactly how weird I really am.
"Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”
- I love sundried tomatos, tomato sauce, tomato paste (even raw), tomato juice, even sliced tomatos on pizza or the Checca (fresh tomatos and spices in olive oil) that they serve at CPK... but no matter how many times I try, I cannot eat fresh tomatos.
- The smell of bacon cooking makes me nauseous - but I love the taste of a little hint of it on my cheese fries. Go figure!
- I bite my cuticles. It's so gross and it makes my fingers sore and ugly but I just can't help it.
- I love regulatory research. This one won't make sense to most people but anyone in the legal field will understand just how weird it is. Just lets say that diving into boring regulations and trying to figure out why they say what they do fascinates me and absorbs me. Just. Don't. Get. Me. Started.
- I love people watching. I blame it on all the years I spent in art school 'training my eye'. I especially find it amusing to watch men on the Metro and guess if they're single - blue shirt, yellow tie, tan jacket, grey pants, black shoes and a brown belt - oh yeah, he's single. No woman would let her guy be seen like that!
- I love to have company and entertain but I hate to be the center of attention and I usually choose to enjoy my parties from the sidelines. I cook up a storm and fill my house with friends and family several times a year but I get more pleasure out of watching my company enjoy themselves than I do from geting in there and mixing it up myself.
I'm not tagging anyone but if you want to share your weirdness I'd love to hear it.