Mar 27, 2008

Growing Things and a Game

DSC_0062I had something all planned for today but now I go to put the post up and I find that flickr ate a few of my pictures. Here is an abbreviated version of the post I planned along with a fun meme instead.

I’m finding that the combination of my new camera and a pair of sneakers is fairly potent. If the weather is nice and I remember to bring them both it then the walks I take during lunch can stretch far beyond what I plan. (oops!) That’s exactly what happened during lunch yesterday. I was going to show you a few growing things like the magnolias in front of the White House. There are flowering trees and shrubs all over DC. I thought that they'd make a nice accompaniement for another growing thing - the new sock that I’m working on.

DSC_1181Here’s the sock. It’s the Wishbone Socks For Knitting pattern by Nancy Bush that’s in the March/April 2008 issue of Piecework. The yarn is Elann Sock it to Me 4 ply in Claret. This yarn was so cheap that I couldn’t resist but so far it knits up really nicely. It’s wool and nylon so it ought to wear well.

Here’s a meme I’ve seen a bunch of places. I think that I like it because it’s more interactive and game-like. Have fun.

Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.

  1. If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game-show host.
  2. I would sell my grandmother for a drink - and you know how I love my grandmother. - Philadelphia Story (Amy pegged it as High Society, which was a remake of Philadelphia Story. Close enough.)
  3. I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity. - Knight's Tale (Meghann)
  4. You probably got it all figured out, Corey. If you start out depressed everything's kind of a pleasant surprise.
  5. Ever since I was a child, folks have thought they had me pegged, because of the way I am, the way I talk. And they're always wrong. Capote (Krista)
  6. A real loser is someone who's so afraid of not winning he doesn't even try.
  7. I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven. - Office Space (Sprite)
  8. Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. - The Shawshank Redemption (Sarah)
  9. Oh, I don't know, Charlie. Unlike you, I never expected "the thunderbolt." I always just hoped that, that I'd meet some nice friendly girl, like the look of her, hope the look of me didn't make her physically sick, then pop the question and, um, settle down and be happy. It worked for my parents. Well, apart from the divorce and all that. - Four Weddings and a Funeral (Kelly)
  10. I appreciate this whole seduction thing you've got going on here, but let me give you a tip: I'm a sure thing. - Pretty Woman (Sarah)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess Forrest Gump for #5 and Office Space for #7.


And #6 and #8 sound sooooo familiar... I know I'm going to kick myself...

Anonymous said...

#7 is Office Space, #8 is Shawshank Redemption, #10 is Pretty Woman

margene said...

Can't help with the movies but I do like the sock!

Anonymous said...

I know # 2! High Society, my favorite movie ever!
Amy

Anonymous said...

is # 3 Music and Lyrics?
Not so sure about this one!
Amy

Carol said...

Love the new sock and the pretty toes! Ya got me on the movies and here I thought I watched way too much TV!

Krista said...

Is #5 Capote?

Kelly said...

#9 Four Weddings and a Funeral!

Meghann said...

Oh, oh! #3 is from a Knights Tale!