Apr 18, 2008

My DC - Week 14

I've seen this building often on my way to work. And I always make a quick mental note to come back and examine it one day. The other day I finally remembered my camera and took a few minutes on my way in to get some pictures.
DSC_0003
It looks cool doesn't it? I have no idea what's inside but outside is awesome. Look at all of the different patterns. Check out the keyhole window.
DSC_0005DSC_0009


DSC_0006
Look at all of the nifty details and the beautiful blues.
DSC_0007


DSC_0012Let's put this building in context. See it there - way down in the bottom left corner? Which do you suppose came first - the big honking office building or the sweet little gem next to it? I'm guessing it was the gem.


This city is just full of surprises.










5 comments:

Cursing Mama said...

Wildly guessing it's use - masonic hall? It is really cool looking.

Carole Knits said...

That's really pretty!

Mia said...

Is that maybe the Saudi embassy? It has a very Arabic feel. But I like it.

Carol said...

Very pretty! Big honking buildings are taking over everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Wow -- what a beautiful building! Where is it? I may have to go and take a look in person.