May 8, 2008

Zombies on the Run

Stink-o had a great birthday yesterday and it appears that this will be one of those week long birthday's because there are quite a few gifts still on their way. Although the suspense is just killing her I think that drawing out the celebration of all things Daria is probably not making her all that sad.

DSC_0602My sister also had a nice birthday. I'm proud to say that my gift for her even arrived on time. Yay! I had originally started these Zombies for me but the girls insisted that their aunt would love them more than the socks I initially intended to send her so I reluctantly parted with them. They should've been done in plenty of time to be washed and properly finished but stuff got in the way. I also had no time for a proper photo shoot with them. As it was I was lucky to get these in the mail on time so I didn't weave in the ends at the cuffs. When I spoke to Jess last night and promised to fix the socks when I see her Memorial Day weekend she said "fix what?" She didn't even notice the long hanging string. She's lucky that I love her. Ya know what I mean?

Anyway, I really enjoyed making these socks. The Zombie pattern is super easy to remember and it's free on Ravelry. I usually do my socks toe-up with a short row heel so I had forgotten how much I love the eye of partridge heel flap. It really shows off variegated yarns well. Speaking of the yarn - I loved this one (which is why I chose it for ME!). I'll definitely be getting more from Storm Moon Knits. The colors are so deep and rich. There is plenty left over from these socks so I'll have to think of a good use for it.

Are you all watching AI this season. We have and I'm surprised to see the final 3. I never expected Syesha to get this far and I'm not sure that she did either. Another surprise to me is David Cooke. I like him way better than I expected to and much more than the other David. I know that this probably isn't a popular opinion but I really don't care for him at all and I think he'd make a horrible Idol. Don't get me wrong, he's got a great voice. He's just such a simpering, insipid bit of vanilla pudding. Yuck. Maybe he's just too young or maybe he needs a personality boost. I just can't stand him much the way I can't stand John Mayer. They can both go sing sappy songs together.

3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I'm sure your sister loves the socks!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous socks!

Anonymous said...

Wait which David is which? Are we talking about the Mormon boy or the Aussie?