May 30, 2008

My DC - Week 19

This is the Walker building on 15th Street. I really like the designs over this door. They look very Art Deco to me and they've got a very different feel than most buildings in the area. The rest of the building is less exciting but the decoration over the door and the windows in the front of this building are very cool.
DSC_0837

Right across the street is a building that I like from top to bottom. I'm talking about the building on the right with the ornate roof. I intentionally caught a bit of it's neighbor because I find the juxtaposition of the very modern and the very old to be interesting.
DSC_0834

Here is the decoration over the entry to this building. Does it look a little bit familiar? If it does it's probably because you can see it reflected in the windows in the picture at the top of this post.
DSC_0835

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

Great architectural shots today!