Nov 5, 2008

Today I Am A Blue State Girl

BlueI cannot tell you how happy it makes me to be a blue stater. Last night we were riveted by the election coverage. DQ didn't want to go to bed until she saw Virginia declared BLUE. Of course it happened moments after her head hit the pillow but my brother was still up and he called to thank us for turning Virginia BLUE. ;)

This was such a historic election and the feeling of hope that is in the air today is undeniable. Wouldn't it be great if this excitement was just the start of a positive change in our country?

You may recall that DQ and I went to see President-elect Obama in July when he spoke at what is now her school. What I didn't mention is that Stinkerbelle went out canvassing for Obama with Hubbo a few weeks ago. Both of my girls feel like they were a part of something wonderful and I hope that they remember this moment forever. After all, they are the next generation of voters.

Senator Obama - July 10, 2008


Tomorrow I promise some actual knitting content.

5 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I was so very excited to see Virginia turn blue!

margene said...

w00t!!!!!!!! I'm in a sea of red but my heart has always been blue.

Sarah-potterknitter said...

Whoo hoo. Last I heard NC was still in Limbo. But my county was overwhelming blue for the first time, so that counts for a lot.

Krista said...

I can't believe I left VA before I got to experience this election! I am solidy in a red state for the foreseeable future. Congrats to VA!

Kathy said...

We had not been blue here in Indiana since LBJ! Very proud of our state! And the possibilities that lie ahead.