Sep 16, 2009

Fingers Crossed

I'm a wee bit superstitious and that part of me just knows that this post is the kiss of death. That as soon as I hit publish I'm going to be sorry and all my plans will fall apart. Still, I'm throwing caution to the wind and sharing a first view of a project I hope to debut next month at about this time at Rhinebeck.

This is the Vine Yoke Cardigan by Ysolda Teague. Around the house it's known as my Crack sweater, as in "put down the Crack sweater." This sucker is wicked addictive.

DSC_0362

I had worried over the sweater every single moment as I finished off That Damned Vest. Would the pattern work for me? Did I have enough of my chosen yarn? Could I get it done in time? As of last night I have finished the right front and right sleeve and I'm not even close to finishing the first of my 3 skeins of super yummy Miss Babs Yowza- Whatta Skeins. I think that the chances are good that the answer to all 3 questions is yes. If I needed more evidence that the stars are aligned for this cardi it came in the form of an updated version of the pattern that arrived just as I was puzzling over errata last night. Full speed ahead!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no doubt that you'll finish it in plenty of time!

Sarah-potterknitter said...

Fantastic color choice, should be just right for the pattern. Can't wait to see it.

Natalie Rush said...

Wow...so pretty!! Can't wait to see it completed! The yarn is gorgeous!