Nov 10, 2009

Ten on Tuesday - '10 Favorite Movie/Song Remakes'

Today's Ten on Tuesday topic is '10 Favorite Movie/Song Remakes'. While there are plenty of remakes that I like I'm not sure I can think of 10. Here goes nothing:

  1. Boys of Summer by The Ataris - The original by Don Henley was good but I really like this cover too.
  2. Brown Eyed Girl by Everclear - Another song where the original by Van Morrison was perfectly fine but I really love this cover.
  3. I Believe I Can Fly by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - The original by R Kelly bears little relation to this one which is speeded up and punked out. We heard Me First and The Gimme Gimmes for the first time in chattanooga, TN at a funky little place called Lupi's Pizza and it just fit. It was a great place with great food and the music went with it perfectly.
  4. Where Do Broken Hearts Go by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes - Originally by Whitney Houston but given a similar twist to #3.
  5. Bold As Love by the Pretenders - This appears on "Stone Free: A Tribute to Jimi Hendrix" and happily it came out during a time when I was hanging out at a local used record store in LI that hooked me up with some ridiculous deals. That's where I heard it and that's where I got it.
  6. Ocean's Eleven - I'm sure that the original was good but Clooney, Damon and Pitt speak to me more and they are super fun to watch.
  7. The Birdcage - Robin Williams, Nathan Lane and hank Azaria cracked me up.
  8. Father of The Bride - Spencer Tracy was great but so is Steve Martin
  9. Sabrina - I happened to like the original too but my girls aren't as into old black & white movies as I am.
  10. The Talented Mr. Ripley - I didn't even know this was a remake when I first saw it. I just liked it.

IMG_2931[1]

Ok, so there's my list. The movies were way harder than the songs but I found 5 of each.

2 comments:

micah_gideon said...

As soon as I saw your theme, I knew Everclear's Brown-eyed Girl would be on the list. It's a fantastic cover.

Sarah said...

I had to stick with songs on this topic.