Nov 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Feeling Happy

One week from today is Thanksgiving and for a change I will not be cooking for the holiday. We will be part of the great masses traveling the highways and byways for the holiday. The excitement of the upcoming holiday and another family event this weekend have me feeling very silly and happy and... thankful, today.

DSC_0743



  1. I am so thankful that I am NOT going to see the midninght showing of New Moon tonight. I had told DQ that I would take her if she didn't get a better offer but thankfully she did. She will be going, decked out in her Twilight t-shirt and her Eclipse socks, with a bunch of her giggly friends. I will be home knitting, packing and waiting for her to return. I will be very appreciative of the relative quiet and not having to pretend that the movie is high art.
  2. On a related and more positive note, I am even more thankful that DQ was selected to be part of the cast on the Middle School Musical. They're doing Annie, a show she could sing in her sleep... in fact, she fell asleep to it every single night until about 4 years ago. We took no trip without the Annie CD. It would've been horrible trying to comfort her if she haddn't gotten in to any show but this one especially. I will be there with bells on and my new video recorder. Oh yes, I will definitely be That Parent and she didn't even get a lead.
  3. Most of all I am thankful that this coming week will be filled with friends and family. We'll be on the road for most of it. I am so happy that we are all healthy and excited for our trips.

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Great picture of the girls. Congrats to Lindsey on a role in Annie!

Laurie said...

The girls look great! Be safe on the highways.