Is this a great topic or what? I'm sure we all have a list of wishes. Things we wish we posessed. Things we wish we had done. Things we wish we had NOT done. Things we wish we could find. You could go on and on but things we wish we knew how to do is so broad and potentially full of promise because we could turn the wishes into reality.... Maybe.
- Sew - kind of. What I'd really like to do is find a way to skip all the boring pinning and cutting and math-like stuff and make the clothes I want spring forth from my sewing machine like magic.
- Time travel - wouldn't it be great if we could go back and fix all the stuff we screwed up the first time around?
- Play tennis - or just about anything else requiring coordination. I can't catch, or hit or any of that stuff but I wish I could.
- Sing - The world is a much better place because I confine my singing to my car with the windows up.
- Make sugar flowers - it's a baking thing. I would love to be able to make gorgeous cakes with the type of decorations that make peoples jaws drop.
- Knit while doing stuff - I could be so much more productive if I could knit while walking, and cooking, and driving, and sleeping... you get the picture.
- Find a few more hours in a day
- Get Anne Coulter, Glen Beck, Sarah Palin, Dick Cheney, etc to shut up.
- Fix the economy - nuff said!
- Use a drop spindle - I've tried and failed, and tried and failed repeatedly. It's just not a skill I posess.
While we're on the subject of wishes, here' a good one. I wish I could be more decisive. I went button shopping for DQ's 28Thirty this weekend. I was set on getting coppery buttons. I thought they would pop against the deep turquoise. Ideally they'd have a bit of greenish patina but I couldn't find any like that. I did find a nice selection though and, with Stinkerbelle's assistance we narrowed it down to 2 selections.
I like the idea of using the ones with the numbers on them because they tie in with the pattern name and they are kind of young and fun. Perfect for a 14-year-old. On the other hand, I really adore the other ones because I’m drawn to the organic shapes and think they go well with the garter bands.
I showed them to DQ and she made a firm decision immediately. Oh to be so decisive. The problem is that I'm also ornery and now I think I need to convince her that the other one is better for this sweater.
What do you think?